Application & Admissions
To attend classes at the Shri K Pattabhi Jois Ashtanga Yoga Institute in Mysore, please fill out and submit an online registration form for Sharath or Saraswathi’s class, respectively.
* Application forms should be submitted 2-3 months in advance of your arrival date. Students will not be allowed to practice in the shala if their form is received within 2 months (60 days). Forms received beyond 3 months will also not be accepted.
* All students (old and new) are to fill out an application form before coming to KPJAYI. This includes certified teachers. Students who have not submitted their application form will not be able to register at KPJAYI once in Mysore.
* Students are expected to stay for a minimum of one month and for no longer than three months of study per trip. There must be a minimum 6 month gap between the conclusion of one trip of study and the commencement of the next, regardless of the the duration of your stay (e.g., a stay 1 month or 3 months).
Registration in Mysore
Once in Mysore, please register in person at the Shala. Registration timings for Sharath’s class are Monday-Saturday (3:30-5:30pm). Students practicing with Saraswathi may register with Anupama on Monday-Saturday (4-6pm).
* Students will be asked to fill out another registration form, as well as supply another passport size photo and a copy of their visa page when registering in person at KPJAYI.
* Students must pay by cash when they register in Mysore, and full fees are expected from the start date.
* For foreign students (per person), the fees for Sharath’s class are Rs. 34,700/- for the first month (Rs. 30,000 + 14% service tax). For the second and third month, the fees are Rs. 23,300/- (per month) (Rs. 20,000 + 14% service tax). This is inclusive of the Rs.500 fee (per month) for chanting class, which is compulsory for all students. Indian students may contact Usha by phone (+91 9880185500) for the fee amount.
* The fees for Saraswathi’s class are Rs. 30,000/- for the first month and Rs. 20,000/- for the following months (for foreign students, per person). Students who can only come for 2 weeks can pay Rs. 18,000/-. The cost for 3 weeks is the same as 1 month. Indian students may contact Anupama by phone (+91 9845452759) for the fee amount.
* Students may not switch between Sharath and Saraswathi’s classes in the same trip.
* There will be no refunds or credit for future classes.
* Full fees are expected from the start date.
* Cancellations and change of dates will not be granted.
* Extensions of stay will not be granted.
* KPJAYI does not provide any accommodation or food. You must arrange this yourself.