APOLOGIES FOR THE INCONVENIENCE. ONLINE REGISTRATION FOR NOVEMBER CLASSES (FOR BOTH SARASWATHI & SHARATH) WILL BEGIN ON AUGUST 7 (INDIA STANDARD TIME). Please do not call or email the shala enquiring about the password. Online registration for the month of December onwards will proceed as normal (3 months before your intended start date).
SARASWATHI TEACHING AT KPJAYI, MYSORE
June 3 to September 20, 2015 (Register 3 months before your intended start date)
Please note: the last class will be on Sunday, Sept 20 (not Aug 31, as earlier mentioned). She will resume teaching again from Nov 1 (see below).
SHARATH’S ASHTANGA YOGA SADHANA RETREAT
Uttarkashi, India: October 12-17, 2015 (More info)
SARASWATHI TEACHING AT KPJAYI, MYSORE
From November 1, 2015 (Register 3 months before your intended start date)
1. Enrollment for Saraswathi’s class is on a rolling basis, which means that you can start your practice on any day of the month.
2. Students may practice with Saraswathi for at least 2 weeks, though a minimum of 1 month is preferable.
SHARATH TEACHING AT KPJAYI, MYSORE
From November 1, 2015 (Registration will open on August 7, 2015)
1. Students may practice with Sharath for a minimum of one month and for no longer than three months.
2. Students must start their practice within the first 5 days of every month (e.g. Oct 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th or 5th). If you cannot start on one of these dates, you must wait and apply for another month. This also means that in-person registration at the shala will only occur between 1st to 5th of every month.
3. Students who submit more than one form online will not be accepted. We do not entertain any cancellations or change of dates, once the online registration has been submitted. Extensions of stay will also not be granted.
4. Students who are applying for Sharath’s class must have studied at least 2 months with any of our Certified/Authorized teachers (mentioned in our teachers list) before coming to study with Sharath in Mysore Shala.
5. Students should not register for both Sharath’s class and Saraswathi’s class. Kindly apply to practice with only one teacher.
6. Students must pay by cash when they register in Mysore, and full fees are expected from the start date. Click here for the fee structure.
Please note that we will delete your online application if you submit it before 3 months of your arrival! Students will not be allowed to practice without the printed confirmation from KPJAYI. Change of dates, as well as extensions of stay, will not be granted. We will also delete applications with the incorrect date format! Please only enter MM/DD/YYYY (e.g. 11/01/2015 = November 1, 2015).
KPJAYI has not created or endorsed any Facebook page or Twitter profile. Please take note that Sharath has not given permission for use of his name or pictures for this purpose.
To place bulk orders of Astanga Yoga Anusthana (2nd edition), please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Minimum order of 50 books.
Registration timings for Sharath’s class are Monday-Saturday (3:30-5:30pm).
Students practicing with Saraswathi may register with Anupama on Monday-Friday and Sunday (4-6pm).
All students must bring a printout of their final confirmation email, 1 copy of your passport id page, 1 copy of your visa, and 1 passport size photo.
Students, please note that there is an auto-reply email that you should receive immediately after submitting an online registration form. This automatic reply only means that your online application has been submitted properly; it is not the final confirmation letter on whether you have been accepted for your dates of study. If you do not receive the automatic reply, it means that your application has not gone through. In these cases, we are not responsible for any inconvenience in future.
KINDLY NOTE that students who are coming to practice for more than 1 month should be prepared to pay full fees for all practice months. So, for example, if you are scheduled to study for 3 months in the shala, you must pay 3 months fees on the day you register in person.
All students, including certified teachers, must fill out an application form before coming to KPJAYI. Students who have not submitted their application form will not be able to enroll once in Mysore.
The list on this website constitutes the official record of teachers approved by KPJAYI. Teachers listed on any other website will be removed from our list.